If you are an artisan, or have someone that works with your fiber, this is a great opportunity to showcase your talent and all the amazing things that can be done with alpaca fiber.
Products must be made with at least 50% PA Alpaca Fiber. This means that if you are weaving a scarf, at least half of the yarn is a PA Alpaca Yarn. 50% can be other fiber or a commercial yarn.
Things such as bird nesting balls are fine because the fiber in them is alpaca.
No Commercially produced items will be allowed although, you do not need to make the items yourself.
- For this year, 2018 members may enter a TOTAL of 25 items. Our best sellers include gloves, mitts and mittens, hats, scarves and wearables. We will also take hand spun yarns & roving. PAOBA has mill spun yarns, gloves and socks that have been made from member fiber.
- For small items such as felted soaps, pins, earrings, etc that are on the low dollar side – approximately $20 or less ~ you may submit up to 10 of the exact same item using the same item number.
- Dryer Balls sold extremely well at the booth and many members have submitted them. Last year we sold up to about 30 dryer balls from farms that submitted that many. Dryer balls from all farms will be sold together at $6 a piece. Each farm may submit up to 30 dryer balls packaged in bags of 10. Please identify each bag. We will sell the first 10 from each farm before the 2nd bag from each farm is put out for sale.
- We rely on volunteers to keep our booth running throughout the week. Volunteers are rewarded for their time by paying a smaller commission on their products sold.
- The commission schedule is as follows:
- Farm Members sending product but not volunteering time: 20%, Associates 30%
- Farm Members volunteering 2 shifts 15%, Associates 25%
- Farm Members volunteering 3-4 shifts 10%, Associates 20%
- Farm Members volunteering 5-6 shifts 5%, Associates 15%
- Farm Members volunteering 7 or more shifts 0%, Associates 10%
- Final inventory lists must be submitted no later than December 30, 2017.
- Items can be dropped off at our booth at the Farm Show on our set up day Dec 29 or Jan 5. If you can’t drop them off, please mail to Michele Siplivy 278 Old State Rd Shermans Dale, PA 17090 so that she has them by Dec 31. Michele’s # is 717-514-1819. Please include a copy of the inventory sheet with your package.
- To make things as simple as possible, please email Beth Lutz at [email protected] with your intention of submitting items as soon as possible but prior to 12/20/16. Include your Farm Name and Address and best contact phone number. Indicate if you will be delivering items or if you will be bringing them to the show on 1/5 or mailing them to Michele. Your inventory sheet will then be emailed to you with instructions on filling it out. We will need those sheets back before 12/30/17. It is easier to take an item out of your inventory than to add one to it, so if you think you might be bringing something, list it. If you sell it before the show, congratulations!
While we will take every precaution to avoid theft or loss of product, PAOBA and its representatives will not be held liable for loss of product.