2017 Spin Off – Judge Wini Labrecque
Registration for the PAOBA 2017 Spin-Off Closes September15th!!!!!
But that will be the ABSOLUTE DEADLINE!!
Handcrafters Spin-Off Rules
- Submit a minimum of 2 ounces alpaca prime blanket fiber shorn within 380 days of the show entry deadline. (Deadline September 15, 2017) Place each entry in a clear, unmarked, gallon-size zipper type plastic bag.
- Fiber shall not be carded, combed, washed, or otherwise enhanced, but should be handpicked to remove debris and vegetable matter.
- Staple length must be a minimum of 3 inches and all other AOA show rules regarding length of fiber apply to Spin-Off entries. (See Part 9 Section 2 of AOA Show Division Handbook for additional details).
- Complete a “Handcrafter’s Spin-Off Entry Tag for each entry and place in the plastic bag with fiber sample. The Spin-Off Tag can be copied if additional tags are needed.
- Entries are limited to 3 samples per farm/owner/entity per breed type, per age division at time of shearing, per color designation.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: POSTMARKED BY September 15, 2017!!!
- ENTRY FEE: $26.00 per entry (includes $6.00 AOA recording fee)
- BONUS! ENTER 3 SPIN-OFF SAMPLES – GET THE 4TH ONE FREE!
- ENTRY RETURNS: $7.00 for first sample, $4.00 for each additional sample, or include a postage paid label which will allow for the item and the additional weight of a ribbon.
- Copy of Registration
- Handcrafter’s spin-off entry tag
- 2oz fleece sample
- Photo of the alpaca
- A copy of ARI Registration Certificate with Owner of Record (if applicable) to:
2017 PAOBA Spin-Off Competition
Starry Night Alpacas
653 Observatory Rd.
Lewisberry, PA, 17339